- My Aged Care Regional Assessment Service (RAS)
- Casual Position
- Inner West, South East, South West & Western Sydney
We are one of the 13 organisations that successfully tendered to operate the My Aged Care Regional Assessment Services (RAS) commencing from 1 July 2015. RAS has been introduced by the Federal Government to streamline the assessment process for Older Australians seeking access to entry level support at home provided under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and other available community supports.
About the Role
- Conduct in Home Assessments for low intensity home support services for older people
- Adopt a Wellness approach to Assessment delivery which emphasizes maximising independence and autonomy;
- In conjunction with the Client and/or Carer, develop a support plan that is consistent withthe concept of restorative client directed care;
- Match and refer Client/s to a provider of services under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) or non-funded services and support as appropriate;
- Provide short-term case management as required to assist clients with high levels of vulnerability and multiple care needs to access a range of aged care and other services e.g. health, housing, disability, financial and aged care services;
- Apply competent computer skills and confidently utilise mobile technology;
- Work independently in this highly mobile role.
To be successful for the role, you will have:
- A passion for seeing Older People remaining independent in their own home and community
- Experience and demonstrated competence across the major accountabilities of this role
- Residence within the geographical area you are applying for and availability to travel throughout the regions listed
- Current unrestricted Class C NSW Drivers Licence with access to a reliable motor vehicle
- Experience in aged and community services
- Tertiary qualifications in allied health or similar desirable
- You will have local knowledge and the ability to network with community aged care services within the regions
All successful applicants will be required to undertake comprehensive orientation and training upon appointment.
Please apply online now. We welcome your application
Category: Aged Care - Personal Care Assistants