- My Aged Care Regional Assessment Service (RAS)
- Full-time Max term until 30/06/2020
- South West, Inner West & Western Sydney
We are one of the 13 organisations that successfully tendered to operate the My Aged Care Regional Assessment Services (RAS) commencing from 1 July 2015. RAS has been introduced by the Federal Government to streamline the assessment process for Older Australians seeking access to entry level support at home provided under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and other available community supports.
About the Role
- Deliver Assessment Services for low intensity home support services
- Adopt a Wellness approach to Assessment delivery which emphasizes the provision of whole of system support to Clients for the purpose of maximising their independence and autonomy;
- Undertake face-to-face assessment of multiple clients each day (as allocated);
- In conjunction with the Client and/or Carer, develop a support plan that is consistent with concept of restorative client directed care;
- Match and refer Client/s to a provider of services under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) or non-funded services and support as appropriate;
- Provide short-term case management as required to assist clients with high levels of vulnerability and multiple care needs to access a range of aged care and other services e.g. health, housing, disability, financial and aged care services;
- Apply competent computer skills and confidently utilise mobile technology;
- Work independently in this highly mobile role.
To be successful for the role, you will have:
- Experience and demonstrated competence across the major accountabilities of this role
- Residence within the geographical area you are applying for and availability to travel throughout the South West, Inner West & Western Sydney region (primarily Fairfield Bankstown area)
- Current unrestricted Class C NSW Drivers Licence with access to a reliable motor vehicle
- Experience in the healthcare system preferred
- You will have local knowledge and the ability to network with community aged care services within the regions
All successful applicants will be required to undertake comprehensive orientation and training upon appointment.
Please apply online now. We welcome your application
Category: Home & Community Services - Community Worker