Team Leader- The next step in your Staff Management Career
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity based in Wahroonga
- Lead a dedicated team of approximately 30-40 Community Workers (Office Based)
- Support new and existing staff to deliver high quality community care
- Leading Aged Care Provider offering job security & variety
We have an exciting new opportunity for an energetic individual who loves variety and thrives in a busy and integral position. Join our Home and Community Services (H&CS) team in the role of Community Worker Team Leader.
What will your role look like?
In this office based role, you will lead and coach a dedicated team of Community Workers who provide direct care to our clients in Northern and Western Sydney. You will work alongside 2 existing Team Leaders supported by an Administration officer.
- Responsible for day to day supervision, direction and management of Community Workers within the regions.
- Provide support during the initial onboarding phase of new community workers..
- Management of compliance requirements for Community Workers within Home & Community Services policies and procedures.
- Mentor Community workers by planning, directing and providing feedback.
- Oversee the work of Community Workers, including conducting performance reviews, Performance Discussion Document (PDD) and provide guidance and direction to Community Workers to model and improve performance.
- Work closely with Coordinators and Care Advisors, providing feedback and addressing any service delivery concerns as they arise.
- Work closely with the Regional Manager to ensure Community Worker staff numbers meet the service demands of the region.
- Investigate incidents and complaints relating to Community Workers.
- Planning and management of leave requests for Community Workers.
- Organising, planning and facilitating community worker meetings.
- Ensure timely and effective resolution of concerns raised by Community Workers.
- Ensuring Community Workers are provided with regular feedback, kept engaged and positive behaviour is recognised.
The ideal candidate is a diligent, empathetic and driven individual who is motivated by their passion to assist others.
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory position and ability to conduct performance reviews - Essential
- Previous experience as a Home Care Worker or equivalent is highly desirable
- Cert lll or lV in Aged Care or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of WHS policy and processes
- Understanding of rostering management systems
- High degree of computer competency with an ability to learn new software programs
- Registered and insured motor vehicle and a current unrestricted drivers' licence - Km's reimbursed
- Evidence of Covid 19 Vaccination
Catholic Healthcare is a leading not-for-profit provider of residential aged care, home and community services, retirement living and healthcare across NSW and SE QLD. Together, our team of over 4000 people are dedicated to our Mission of helping our customers to live life to its fullest every day.
Why you'll love working with us;
- Permanent Full Time opportunity based in Wahroonga
- Opportunity to take on an exciting role with a great team and Management support
- Build a career with a successful and leading values-based organisation
- Be part of a supportive and inclusive 'people first' culture
- NFP Salary packaging and other benefits
If you're looking for a role where you can make a positive & rewarding impact in a great organisation like ours, then we'd love to hear from you. Apply online now.
Please note that pre-employment checks (including Police and WWCC) will be completed for all preferred candidates before an Offer is made.
Hello Recruitment Agencies, thanks for thinking of us. Right now, we're looking to fill this opportunity directly so if we do need your assistance we'll be in touch.
Brands: Catholic Healthcare
Category: Health Care Provider